Thanks for the input Don.  I have done the spectrogram method of setting the
filters.  It works well and I didn't have any problem with it.  My question
about the computer backup was as much curiosity as practical concern, though
if it could be done it might be helpful at times.  As I understand it (my
understanding may still be rudimentary) you can adjust the filter settings
without the frequency probe by just setting the 'BFO control parameter'.  If
you are using spectrogram, you don't actually need to know the frequency.
However, if you have done a full reset, you would need to run CAL PLL and
that does require the probe.  Before I added the amplifier, I just left the
probe connected, but the manual advises not doing that with the amp
installed, so my computer backup of filters would not eliminate the necessity
to open the case which was one of my original motivations for the computer
backup.

Oh well....

Bernie,  W1AZ