Well, I managed to open up the box, check out the
speaker wiring (all OK!) and close it up again, all
with out ripping out any wires (I hope! ;~)) )

Next stop is to do more on air AF level testing;i.e.,
find some decent signals, and see how audio responds.

Then on to setting the RTTY filters, initially the
same as the SSB filters. Eventually, using Spectogram.
Have to see about getting an N-Gen, appears to me
that's the most accurate way. Doesn't appear to be too
difficult a build.

Thanks to all who replied on/off group to my questions
on audio.

  72 de N8PVZ
    ---bernie

Yabba Dabba Doo!