In a message dated 2/19/07 4:45:23 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>  have been told
> lately that the unused antennas on the setup would pick up additional
> noise.

If so, it will also pick up additional signal.

> Has anyone ever done any testing with multiple antennas on one
> feedline to see if they really do pick up extra noise?

I haven't done any scientific testing, but in actual operation (FD), I have
not
found any difference from a regular dipole.

The principle of multiple parallel dipoles is that the nonresonant dipoles
present
a high impedance, so almost all of the power goes to the resonant dipole.
That
principle works the other way, too, when receiving.

> I'm thinking about putting up new inverted V antennas on 160, 80, and
> 40 meters and feeding them with one coax. Sure beats antenna
> switching and it always seem to me that the signal would go to the
> resonate antenna. I always used a coaxial balun in the feedline.

Works for me!

How high of a center support do you have?

73 de Jim, N2EY