Jim's another OT like me when all the HF Ham bands were
harmonically-related. Paralleled dipoles worked quite well in that setup
although there was a fair bit of interaction, especially from an 80 meter
dipole on a paralleled 10 meter dipole. I still recall one summer day
running my antenna up and down countless times trying to find the right
balance. (I think that may have driven me back to open wire feedline at that
QTH <G>).

As he pointed out, the lower-frequency antenna tends to offer a very high
impedance at the center. For example, on 40 meters, a 120 foot 80 meter
dipole in parallel would a two half waves, presenting a voltage loop at the
feed point. That means it'd not take (or deliver to the feedline)
significant power. Such combinations were used on 80/40/20/10 meters with
paralleled 132 foot, 66 foot, 33 foot and 16 foot wires. And 15 meters
worked well as a bonus using the 40 meter dipole. On 15 a 66 foot wire is
3/2 waves long, presenting a current loop at the center feedpoint. So one 66
foot long wire did duty as both a 40 meter and 20 meter antenna, presenting
a usably-low SWR to a 50 ohm coaxial feedline.

It gets a lot more complicated when one tries to use the
non-harmonically-related bands. Indeed, I can't imagine how one would pull
it off <G>. So your idea is a sound, tried-and-true one for coverage of the
bands you listed. And you get 15 meters as a bonus if you want <G>.

Ron AC7AC