Dave,

As far as switching your loop to a 160 top loaded vertical, yes you can do
it remotely with relays and a matching network.  If your goal is efficiency
on 160 meters, the relay switching os only a small part of the equation -
you must have a good RF ground for the vertical to work against, and that
menas lots of wires in the ground, radiating from the base of the antenna.
Some will tell you tht 120 radials will give optimum performance, but 16 or
more will give great performance as well.  If the radials are buried, the
length is not critical, lots of short buried radials will do almost as good
as a moderate number of long ones - see the 160 meter antenna simulation
results that are outlined on L B Cebik's website www.cebik.com.  More
information on low band antennas can be found in ON4UN's Low Band DXing
book - there are many possibilities.

For best results, put the 160 meter matching network at the base of the
antenna and match it to your feedline.

Since there are many possibilities, make some decision even though it may be
a compromise and you too can be successful on 'top-band'.

73,
Don W3FPR