Thanks for the nice words. Rereading the page this morning, I found a couple small errors that are now fixed, and I added an image of the Steward ferrite bead response curve from the data sheet.

The page is http://www.cliftonlaboratories.com/bypassing.htm

Jack K8ZOA
www.cliftonlaboratories.com

Craig D. Smith wrote:
A very nice piece of work Jack!   Thanks for sharing it.  I really like the
photos - kind of like I was right there.

I can confirm all of your conclusions based on my day job work.  One
additional thing to mention that some might not be aware of is that it is
also good to parallel multiple capacitors of the same type/value.  In a very
fortuitous way the capacitance adds while the equivalent series resistance
and inductance gets smaller and smaller   ;>)

73
           ... Craig   AC0DS

<> I've added a new page to my web site presenting measurements of the
<> effectiveness of various capacitor and capacitor/ferrite bead bypassing
<> strategies. The page may be viewed at
<> http://www.cliftonlaboratories.com/bypassing.htm
<> <> Jack K8ZOA
<> K2 SN 5689
<> www.cliftonlaboratories.com