Nick,

Sometimes the filters (particularly the narrower ones) do not respond well
to the initial numbers in the manual because the filter center may be
shifted a bit due to the particular set of matched crystals supplied.  I
don't think you have a problem.

There is a solution, and that is called 'Spectrogram', which will provide a
visual display of the filter shape and positioning on a computer screen.
Download the last freeware version (5.17) of Spectrogram from www.n0ss.net
and look at the instructions for using it on Tom's website or the Builder's
Resource page of the Elecraft website.

You could let the filter alignemnt wait until you have the rest of the K2
built and the KSB2 (if you added that) installed and then you can do a
complete dial calibration and filter alignment.  Instructions for doing that
are on my website http://w3fpr.qrpradio.com

73,
Don W3FPR