I'll be the third to chime in on how useful the spectrogram method of
aligning filters is. The first time around (without spectogram) I
noticed similar results as you did, then I did the spectrogram
alignment and it got *much* better, but it still wasn't right. Third
time, it got even better. I'll be doing it again this weekend I think,
it's somewhat of an art but it's also gratifying to see how much of a
change it really can make.

As Don said, you can do this anytime, no cause for concern at this point.

73,

Jeff N6GQ

Nick,

I wholeheartedly second this.  I followed the manual and noticed the same thing
you did.  When I hooked up Spectrogram I could clearly see that the narrower
filters were off center.  I adjusted while watching the Spectrogram screen and
things sound *much* better.

Craig AC6NN

From: "Don Wilhelm" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>