From: Nick Henwood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2007 6:20:04 AM
Subject: [Elecraft] K2 Filter settings

Thrilled to get my K2 working on 7 MHz receive but I seem to have a problem
with filter settings.
Everything has checked out according to the book - no problems at all (even my
home-wound coils seem to work!!)
I have set up the filters exactly according to pages 88 and 89. On Filter 1 the
rx sounds great - plenty of gain, clean signals. On the other 3 filters it
sounds like I am listening through a dense fog - I can tell the bandwidth is
far narrower than F1 but signals are weak and it sounds as if the filters are
overlapping each other (if you know what I mean). I have checked settings again
and all look OK. Does anyone recognise this problem please? I am reluctant to
proceed until I have sorted it out.
73 Nick G3RWF