Chris,

I have found the KDSP2 to be excellent for reduction of atmospheric and many other noises, especially when operating CW, and I generally operate my K2 with the DSP NR turned on. The KNB2 does a very good job on some types of impulse noise but is not effective on others. If you operate in a noisy environment, I recommend having both available.

73 - Bob, N7XY