Keith, the improvement is there across the board, and I find that
depending on conditions, sometimes wider is good, sometimes not.

I find myself often switching between crystal and DSP filter settings
to find the sweet spot, and often there really is a very definate
sweet spot for a given signal and noise complement.

Jeff N6GQ