If you think the tale of woe regarding the FT-2000 is bad, look at the FTDX-9000. To be fair to Yaesu they are trying to sort it out, it looks like it was rushed to the market. ICOM were very good with the IC-7800 - I owned one, now sold.

I have never come a cross a company that listens to customers like Elecraft does - I doubt that a radio has received so many advanced orders. I have so far failed to find a single thing that needs enhancing in the K3's spec / email replies from Wayne.

Simon Brown, HB9DRV

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill W5WVO" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Just as an aside on the tremendously personal and intimate experience of participating in the K3 roll-out, I've also been monitoring the FT-2000 Yahoo group to see what they're talking about over there. Over the past week, nearly 100% of the voluminous postings there have been about firmware updates.

[chop-o-matic]