K0WA:

>Who makes the PC Boards?
Who stuff's the boards? (or what ever you do to surface mount components)
Who checks the boards?
Who fixes the boards?

        Probably someone like Solectron, Flextronics
Sanmina or a dozen other companies who manufacture
loaded boards.  It's most definitely not Elecraft.

>Who puts the radios together for those people who want a assembled K3?

        Could be Elecraft or a sub-contractor.  My guess
would be Elecraft to maintain tight QA on the rig and
do final calibration and testing.

>Can they handle the number of orders? (over 1K now I've heard)

        This is the kind of problem most companies would
love to have!  It is NOT a problem to lose any sleep over.
>I wonder if Elecraft will have a board swap program?

        I hope so.  Modular construction and upgradable
firmware are two reasons I would not lose sleep about
ordering early.  It will not cost much to return a module
for rework or repair.  At 8 pounds it won't even cost
much to return the entire rig if necessary (compare that
to the boatanchor weight of the Icom and Yaesu behemoths).

        BTW don't forget that warranties are doubled
when using certain types of credit cards.  I've done
this for years and the claim process is very simple.
Keep you sales receipt and credit card slip!

                                73,  Bill  W4ZV