Hi Lee,

This is from the FAQ page. I don't think you will have anything to worry about.

Will the K3 operate on MARS frequencies?

The K3 may be operated outside the Amateur bands, but this capability is prevented by firmware. We have not yet worked out the mechanism, but we fully intend to support such operation, along with the Alaska Emergency frequency at 5.175 MHz.

General coverage receive filters can be added to the main receiver and/or the subreceiver. This is the KBP3 option. The rig automatically selects the narrow ham-band filters when you're in the ham bands, and the wider filters when you're in-between ham bands. This option has no effect on ham-band performance and is extremely easy to install.

Thanks and 73
Greg
AB7R

On Fri, 11 May 2007 11:36:13 -0500