You say Wayne Green was a cheapskate. I take your word for that. I can provide a bit of personal experience. A few years ago, I wrote 8 or 10 construction articles for 73 Magazine, all of which were duly published. Payment for the first article was made in about 6 months. The remaining articles were not paid when 73 Magazine folded (about a year after my last article was published).

Wayne owes me about $2500.

Writing for an ARRL publication is quite different in this regard--a check for my two QEX articles arrived *before* the magazines hit my mailbox. That's extraordinary.

My book publisher runs 3 to 4 months behind in royalty statements as well, so the ARRL is really outstanding in timely payment.

Jack K8ZOA
www.cliftonlaboratories.com