Jim:

The way I've successfully done it, and with NO(!) effort, is to install the feet/bail using much longer (say 1") screws... TIGHTEN things down and then, one at a time, replace the long screws with the proper ones.

Using the longer screws makes it very easy to get everything in place BEFORE you have to torque things down.

Of course, you'll have to supply your own (4) long screws, but it's certainly worth the effort.

73,

Tom Hammond   N0SS