Went to the basement and retrieved the empty spool (never throw things like that out - always good for odds and ends of wire). It's 62/36/2, with the 2% being silver. Radio Shack part number 64-035, and it's still shown in the on-line catalog at $3.99 for a 1 oz spool. 1 oz of solder lasts a long time. I do a fair bit of building and that's 6 months worth or more for me.

There is also a larger diameter 62/36/2, think it is 0.022" PN 64-013, on a 1.5 oz spool.

There's probably a better source for 62/36/2 solder than RS, but it's decent stuff, unlike a lot of the things one finds there.

Jack

Don Wilhelm wrote:
Jack,

Thanks for that info, sounds like good solder - I was looking on their website and only saw the large diameter stuff listed even in the 2% silver alloy.

Hurry to get some before it is gone - that is what close-out means, they do not intend to carry it forever.

73,
Don W3FPR

Jack Smith wrote:
Radio Shack has some very nice 2% silver 33%/65% 0.015" solder on 1.5 ounce rolls. I picked a couple of rolls up on a close out and it's very nice stuff to use.