Bill and Doug, you NEED the KPA800 then!! http://www.n6ie.com/Elecraft.html

I am not sure if it covers 6m but looking at the toroids I suspect so. Not a "full" kit presumably because of the SMD components and the associated situation as with the K3. I don't understand the argument about Elecraft not marketing amps. The Company has the expertise and the customer base with hundreds if not thousands of 100w amps being used. These are very similar to the modules that would be in the KPA 800/1600 units. There was big interest at Dayton last year and I see these as fulfilling several growing markets sectors. Firstly the users like yourselves, secondly the guys who want a US legal limit amp and finally like myself and others who want 2 amps for an SO2R or multi-op station.

Chris G3SJJ

Bill W5WVO wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
IMHO I would like to see a "full kit" amp on the order of the
Ameritron ALS-600. A nice "medium power " amp with full QSK and a
built in power supply. I think this could have a rather large market.

Agreed! About 600-750W out, built-in PS, with 6M COVERAGE (low end of band only, 50.0-50.5) at full power output to go with the K3's 6M capabilities. I think you'd have a sure-fire winner. I would buy one if I had to mortgage my mother's house. ;-)

Bill / W5WVO