I just (less than a month ago) completed building K2 #6098 for a friend.

I found that (for both pads) I'd managed to remove the backing paper AND the adhesive at the SAME TIME!!! Adhesive remained on the backing paper!!! Couldn't get it to walk back to the pad... tried offering it food, but it refused to move... finally used some (double-sided) 3M Poster Tape which I had on hand... now they stick nicely!

Getting the backing paper off the pad without removing the adhesive IS a problem... but one which CAN (usually) be avoided if you try to remove the paper from a different corner of the pad if you first the first corner allowed the adhesive to stick to the paper.

Of course, this all in retrospect for me!!! And... I KNEW I had the double[sided tape handy, so I didn't try all the hard to 'save' the original adhesive.

If you don't have THIN double-sided tape handy, before you accidently peel off the adhesive, CHECK to see which item (backing paper or pad) it's attached to before you go too far. It takes a pretty 'fine touch' when picking at the corner of the paper, to NOT get the adhesive too.

73,

Tom   N0SS