When I built my second K2, I had the same experience as Tom. The adhesive came off when I peeled off the paper. Scott sent me a couple more pads but they behaved the same way so I put a drop of rubber cement on them and glued them on.

John   [K7SVV]

I found that (for both pads) I'd managed to remove the backing paper AND the adhesive at the SAME TIME!!! Adhesive remained on the backing paper!!! Couldn't get it to walk back to the pad... tried offering it food, but it refused to move... finally used some (double-sided) 3M Poster Tape which I had on hand... now they stick nicely!