Hi Bill,

I'm quite interested in the nature of your labelled keytops/keypads - are these all part of one
giant molded 'pad', or are they separate 'button by button' entities?

Two large arrays -- one on the left side, one on the right. This ensures accurate registration.

Are these soft rubber, or are they hard?

We tried several durometers and settled on one that is "medium" hardness. You'll like the feel :)

I seem to recall a comment a week or so ago that something was done to stop these K3 keytop legends from wearing off (unlike those, say on a Kenwood 570 :) )

They don't rub off.

73,
Wayne
N6KR