Hi, Wayne & crew...

I'm quite interested in the nature of your labelled keytops/keypads - are these
all part of one
giant molded 'pad', or are they separate 'button by button' entities?  Are
these soft rubber, or
are they hard?  I seem to recall a comment a week or so ago that something was
done to stop these
K3 keytop legends from wearing off (unlike those, say on a Kenwood 570 :) )

If you'd care to publicly or privately - my email addy is below - share some
vendor info and/or
some broad ballpark costs on NRE & unit pricing and initial volumes, it'd be
really helpful to me
for a possible non-competing, non-ham-radio/nonradio smaller-volume project.  I
just need to know
some relative order-of magnitude info and nothing that would give anyone any
proprietary edge on
you.  There's little info Googleable, etc on this as so much mfg involving
keytops is large scale
stuff in Far East (10 million remote controls or calculators or microwave oven
keys, etc.)

I can be reached via this list or at 'wmwiesejr[_at_]yahoo[*dot*]com'

And yes, I will be tempted by a K3 later this year after a few other priorities
are taken care of.

Regards, Bill

73 DE BILL N6AOT
SAN JOSE CA  USA