My pleasure Mike, my 3am "Autopilot" appeared to be working, maybe!

One final comment. The two in passband signal tests will tell you how a receiver will perform in use for example in a pile up situation where the DX station is not working split, whereas the wide spacing tests will only give you a hint. But you need very good test equipment. As Bill W5WVO said in his post "at the end of the day it's dynamic range". Once a large dynamic range has been obtained, then in CW receivers zero beat QRM stripping circuitry can be introduced - but that is another subject.

73,
Geoff
GM4ESD

Corboy-Poteet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Geoff, thank you very much for the response. I am posting to the list
as others may find your comments helpful.

Mike  W5FTD

Mike,

A couple of comments before I crash - it is past 3 am here!!

IMD for the K3 (Orion, FTxxx, etc) refers to spurious signals produced
by operation of a stage (or stages) in the nonlinear portion of its
transfer curve (or whatever it's called)?

<snip>