On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 12:03:19 -0500
 K9ZTV <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
The rig is indeed fantastic, but RF is RF regardless of what brand produces

I beg to differ. While "technically" correct from a scientific standpoint, what brand produces the RF from your rig could potentially make the difference wrt someone's job remaining in the U.S.A. Part of the satisfaction (A very subjective subject in and of itself.) for me in running Elecraft and Ten-Tec gear is the fact that it is substantially domestic. "Substantially" because you will, of course, find foreign produced components within them, however, I know the bulk of my $$$ went to someone's salary (R&D, assembly, shipping dept., facility janitorial svcs., etc.) right here in CA or TN as opposed to someone in Tokyo, Osaka or Kyoto. The same applies to my keys, paddles, antennas, accessories and power supples.

After having worked in the IT world for the past 16 years, I have grown tired of watching company executives (Usually CPA's.) outsource entire IT sub-departments duties offshore and pat themselves on the back for "cutting the bottom-line" while losing sight of the bigger picture and not realizing that the jobs they eliminate equate directly into real folks' dinner tables. I've been made fun of for buying an American car as opposed to a 300k mi. wonder-import but I really do believe that the whole (effect) can be far greater than the sum of its parts. (each of us) Some folks say that that car or rig won't make a difference. I stand here as a witness that large corporations literally bank on us believing just that.

Wayne and Eric, sorry for the slightly off-topic rant. As noted by other posters, AR's not always about RF. My money proudly goes to the folks in Aptos, CA and Sevierville, TN!

Take care all es...

Vy 73 de Bert
WA2SI

P.S. Happy Father's Day! :-)