According to Monica at Elecraft, it's possible to swap
the standard 2.7 kHz 5-pole filter for either the 2.8 kHz 8-pole or
the 400 Hz 8-pole for an incremental $90 ($30 credit plus the
standard $120 charge for 8-pole filters), but only the 2.8 kHz
and 400 Hz may be substituted for the standard filter.

        Now if we only knew if there were any difference in
IMD/BDR performance we could make a rational decision...

73, Bill W4ZV