WA6HHQ:

>This is incorrect. The 2.7 kHz 5-pole can only be swapped for a 2.8 kHz
or possibly the 2.1 kHz 8 pole filters. We require at least one SSB b/w
filter in each K3 as it ships since we must also transmit through the
filter for SSB and data modes. Transmitting through the 2.1 kHz filter
will limit your tx bandwidth to that value. ( I'm not aware of many
choosing the 2.1 as their only SSB filter - I may drop that as a swap
option to make sure no overly narrow TX K3s get out there and confuse
the market.)

        Thanks Eric!  Makes sense to me.  I wondered when Annika
said the 400 Hz was available but did not question it.  For the
record, here's the current wording from your online order form:

* On SSB the K3 should transmit through the widest SSB filter available, typically 2.7 or 2.8 kHz. (You can receive on any filter.) All K3's must have at least a 2.1, 2.7 or 2.8 kHz SSB filter installed. (2.7 kHz is included with the base K3.) Please note that transmitting through the 2.1 kHz filter will restrict TX bandwidth to that value. For ESSB TX can be set to use the 6 kHz filter (if installed) and b/w can then be set by the DSP.

>I'll post some more detailed DR numbers on the 5 pole vs 8 pole filters
in the next couple of days.

        This will be very helpful in deciding between various
options.  Rather than swapping the stock 2.7k for the 8-pole 2.8k
for $90, I may be more likely to order a 1.8k for $120.  I'm still
undecided between the 500 Hz 5-pole versus 400 Hz 8-pole and will
be looking closely at the 2 kHz (or even 1 kHz if available) IMD/BDR results for those two filters. Filter plots for the 5-pole
filters (like you have for 8-poles) would also be much appreciated.

                                        73,  Bill  W4ZV