I was referring to voice and I'm concerned that many will think a radio that is -always- limited to 2.1 kHz TX is overly narrow and 'thin' sounding.

73, Eric

_..._

Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 wrote:
   Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 21:20:26 -0700
Is 2.1kHz really overly narrow for SSB transmit? I know people are
talking about 1.8kHz filters for RX, and it seems useless to transmit
energy that's not going to be used.  It's certainly wide enough for
data modes.  In fact, it might be useful to be able to TX through the
400Hz filter in some of those modes.

73, doug