If I was into DX or contests on CW, I would likely get
a narrow CW filter, but I am not so I did not.
I suspect the K3 will work better than any other radio
with just the 2.7kc filter.

I was just about to post a question regarding filters yesterday. Then this thread popped up. Which filters I'll be needing (80% CW contesting, 10% other contesting, 10% DX)? Still: no one answered it exactly up to now. I currently use 2 TS-850's in SO2R with 270Hz CW filter. I always listen narrow (don't have the 500Hz filter) and use RIT. Would a 250 Hz / 8 pole filter do the trick for me? And / or a 5 pole 500Hz? And what with SSB? Those 10% include major SSB contests. 40m SSB from here is... mayhem!
PSE advice?

In the FAQ, I read that DSP would 'auto track' the right filter. Does that mean that you'd never be switching filters by hand? I'd like that. I almost never have to touch my TS-850 except the VFO dial.

Then there are the variable filters coming out in the future,

PSE define 'variable filters'?

Well, apart from the filters my wish list has almost become an order form ;o)

73 de Franki ON5ZO / OQ5M