One thing about Vibroplex: they never figured out how to make a weight!!

Their weights are small in diameter. That means they essentially make the
pendulum thicker! That doesn't work worth a darn.

My Vibroplex will drop to about 23 WPM with THREE Vibroplex weights loading
up the pendulum.

It'll drop to about 17 WPM with ONE E.F. Johnson Speed-X weight on the
pendulum.

The difference is that the Johnson weight is much larger in diameter, so the
effective position of the weight is nearer the end of the pendulum.

As we discussed earlier, simply making the pendulum slightly longer, as many
have done with clips, weights, bits of tubing, etc., has had better effect
than adding a row of "Vibroplex" weights.

Maybe that's why we have the digital revolution. The Elecraft rigs shift
speed regardless of the paddles.

Too bad for Vibroplex. I was always a fan of Les Logan who invented the
famous "Speed-X" bug anyway. To me, he was sort of the "Elecraft" of the
1930's bug business: superior product at a superior price.

Ron AC7AC