At 02:54 PM 26/07/07, you wrote:
-----Original Message-----

On Jul 26, 2007, at 12:51 PM, Ken W5HYN wrote:

> FYI, Vibroplex offers an extension arm (called Vari-speed) to slow
> down their bugs and it makes fine tuning speed easy.  I put one on
> my old Lightning Bug and it will slow down to below 15 wpm.

I bought my first bug 55 years ago as a 5 WPM novice.  That arm
wasn't available then, so I drilled a hole in a piece of steel and
attached it to the top of the weight with a longer screw.

Bob, N7XY

Clothespins and (my favorite) large alligator clips hung onto the pendulum
have done such duty too. Position them so they don't interfere with the
damper action.

I wrapped solder around the weight, that worked.

John
k7up