John H Gibson wrote:
On the topic of keys, paddles, and bugs, I wonder if members of the list would tell me how they keep key contacts clean and reliable. Do you regularly burnish key contacts? Do you use a chemical cleaner (e.g. de-oxit)? Do you maintain a minimum keying current? Or do you simply never have a problem?

Please share your wisdom and experience.

I use a small piece of heavy bond paper [a bit rough], put it between the contacts, hold them closed, and pull the paper out. About twice a year seems to do it just fine.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2007 CQP Oct 6-7