Steve,

You may want to try UltraVNC along with Skype - google for the sources.
The only problem that you might encounter is latency. I understand that native HRD cures the latency problem, but since you are having trouble getting HRD to work ....

UltraVNC works fine for me when controlling several computers on my network from one of them., although I am not using it currently for real-time applications. It gives you a screen that is the desktop of the remote computer on your local computer, and you control things with the mouse and keyboard just as though the remote computer were local.

73,
Don W3FPR

STEPHEN W BANKS wrote:
Hello Everyone,

A few weeks ago I inquired whether anyone knew of a good -- preferably free or
low-cost -- software that ran well, and which seemed  to do a good job using
the internet for remotely controlling my desktop PC and my K2/100 from my
remote laptop.

The idea mirrors an article from the April, 2007 issue of QST Magazine.  There were a couple of
comments offered, but being of the "Dumb Thumbs" school of thought which I am, I wasn't
able follow up very successfully.  (A persistent "air-gap" in the system -- possibly my
firewall -- follows me around everywhere I go.)

My idea ultimately is to be able to remotely control my K2/100 via its KI02
accessory port.  The K2 is physically connected my desktop PC, and I
occasionally run it using Ham Radio Deluxe.  My DSL service would be the means
of connecting things together.

It seems that using Ham Radio Deluxe S/W has the potential to do this, but so
far I've been unsuccessful in doing so.

If anyone cares to comment I'd appreciate your thoughts, particularly if you've
succeeded in getting HRD to do the job I have in mind..

Tnx es 73,

Steve Banks
K0PQ