I have noticed my old K2 (S/N 023) has been showing its age. I did do most of
the Rev B mods, except the audio pot mod, which didn't seem necessary at the
time.

Well, the audio pot finally started to get scratchy. Also the Power pot and the
RIT were jumpy. So I broke down and took it apart, applied a little Deoxit(tm)
to all the connectors between the Front panel, Control and Main board, as well
as seeping a little into all the pots and working them a few times. Put it all
back together and realigned the filters with Spectrogram. It's like a new rig
now, no scratchy pots, and the audio level has even improved.

So I guess every 8 years or so, a little preventive maintenance is in order. ;-)
--
---