> In a year of 365 days, there are 8760 hours. With a 100 watt load, that's
> 876 kilowatt hours per *year* to run all the devices.

I think the issue for the tree-huggers is to multiply that by 100 million
households in the US and you're talking about a lot of wasted power and a
lot of global warming. Like the ad I heard yesterday telling you to put your
cream and sugar in the cup before adding coffee in order to save on the need
for disposable stir sticks, the idea is to get everyone to unplug to save
the planet.

Of course one new nuclear power plant would generate more than enough power
to heat your coffee AND keep your TV on AND it would destroy less ozone than
a coal-burning power plant, but we can't have any of that.

Anyway the solution to all this is to do what Al Gore does: Just buy some
carbon offsets, stick some kind of colored ribbon magnet on the back of your
SUV to show you love the planet, and quit worrying about it.

Craig
NZ0R