On Sat, 08 Sep 2007 12:23:04 -0700, Zac Brown wrote:

>After shutting off all the various circuits in my home, I
>discovered that the noise is actually coming from the TV in our
>living room.

  I suspected so from the sound.

>This leads me to think that the TV itself is making the noise
>(and is radiating it via some other means, not the input wire)
>whenever it sees an input signal.

  Right from the circuit board itself - the plastic cases,
  allegedly sprayed with a shielding spray inside, are a
  joke.

>The TV is a Hitachi 32 inch, model 32UX59B.  Any ideas?

  Get ahold of Hitachi technical support and politely request a
  solution.  The device probably is in violation of FCC Class B
  data noise specs, despite any certification that the manufacturer
  may claim, and they don't want to be caught with their hand in the
  cookie jar.

>Thanks,

  Any time.

--