I am at the 40-meter transmitter alignment stage in Alignment and Test, Part III.

It instructs me to "Place the K2 into tune mode and activate the built-in wattmeter by holding "TUNE". Using the alignment tool, adjust L1 for maximum output." And, do the same with L2, etc. etc. etc.

First, I'm going into a 50W dummy load/Wattmeter (MFJ 267). And I have my Cal Curr setting at 2.0, and Power is set to 2.0 as well. I also have the radio set to 7100 for freq.

When I put it into Tune mode, I get a reading of "P. 0.2" or P. 0.3 through 0.4 It will flicker back and forth across those three values whether I turn the tap on L1 or L2 or just leave it completely alone.

At the "info triangle" at the start of this section, it says "you'll place the K2 into TUNE mode by holding TUNE." However, if you "hold" the button in it makes no difference from what happens if you just hold it in long enough to activate the P. 0.2 (etc.) display....

I do not have a key plugged in, so I obviously am not keying anything at the time of tuning...but it did not state you needed a key attached, and I presume putting it into Tune mode is "keying" the radio anyhow....which may be an incorrect presumption...heck if I know.

I went into the trouble shooting section, and it appears I need to be looking at Problem 150 through 160....

The resistors are correct, the Diode appears to be correct (so small I can't read any numbers on it, but it checked out at the time of installation and is oriented correctly., I've not been able to find any shorts, the Transformers T1-T4 are wound as per part III of the assembly section.

I've not checked the DC voltages because I cant' find in the manual what they should be reading or whether to check with power on or off and have reached the end of my patience for the evening and am not certain I'm even on the right path...

Any direction would be appreciated. This build has checked out on every step to date...but I'm stumped.

David King