Keith

My favourite rig since 2001 is my ten Watt K2. There's plenty of DX to be worked on 10 Watts of CW, even with my simple wire antennas I've worked dozens of countries out as far as ZL. SSB would be another issue, ten Watts of SSB is hard work compared to ten Watts of CW.

Given the improved design of the K3, I would opt for a K3/10 and then upgrade it by adding the QRO PA when you can manage it. If you went the K2/100 route you would always wish you had a K3.

Dave, G4AON
K1 #1154, K2/10 #1892 and hopefully K3 < #200 soon.