I built the K2 with internal battery and all accessories for a compact
stand alone QRP rig and the KPA100/ KAT100 in a separate EC2 enclosure
for QRO base operation.

Enjoyed assembling the kits, lots of toroid winding and soldering.

I find that I use the K2 QRP the most when spending time outdoors. CW and
SSB

Have other rigs for the base operation including a Icom 701, Icom 706,
mil spec Sunair GSB-900 with auto antenna tuner (good for SSB) so have
not used the KPA100/KAT100 that often

Am not into contesting so do not see a need for an upgrade at this time.

With all of the recent talk about the importance of Roofing filters, a
very good crystal filter right after the mixer is inherent in the K2
design.

73,
Bob Johansen WB2SRF
K2 S/N 5622