-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ron D'Eau Claire
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2007 4:13 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] K2/100 or K3/10?

Another way to look at it is that 10 watts is 10 dB (about 1.5 S-units)
below 100 watts.

That's enough to make a difference, but not a huge difference in who you
can work and when, especially on CW. SSB is perhaps a little more of a
challenge, but that might be because I'm a CW op too and only get on SSB
on rare occasions.

Were I faced with that choice, I'd go for the 10 watt rig with more
potential for expansion and performance than the 100 watt rig.

Ron AC7AC