Good Evening to You All,
Weather has switched here in Oregon, it is now coming straight out of the Gulf of Alaska. It is very chilly and very wet. Good thing I have plenty of wood in the stove and next to it. Sam is happy indeed roasting next to the fire. I must remember to turn him soon so he does not melt! This week I was able to work with my mentor on twenty meters a few times with great results. There was little QSB and the contacts were solid. We chatted for an hour each time about many subjects: black powder shooting, antennas, selling houses, travel, and enjoying cold weather. We both would love to move back to where winter is a force to reckoned with instead of the mild weather we both experience. He to Alaska, me to Northern Wisconsin. I miss the snow with a passion. Having three sets of skis stuck in a snow bank waxed for various conditions; ah I miss it indeed. I've a movie on hold (Th Hunt for Red October) but did wish to get this note out before tomorrow. I have also found someone to help me while I travel. She will come up here to take care of Sam and the fire. While my new friend is here I will get to travel and Sam will be spoiled even more than he already is. We both miss Pat but that cannot be helped; she cannot be replaced. Some of her clothes will be donated to charity, some to rest homes. Some of her books and tools will go elsewhere. Hopefully soon all you folks who desire a low number K3 will have your wishes granted. One never can tell what else may come out of the skunk works at Aptos :) I'll be here to read the mail, hear the news, and work the folks with new serial numbers. But, then, I like chatting with you all each and every Sunday.

Please join us tomorrow evening.

  Tomorrow:

1) Hail signs  (first letter or two of the suffix of your call)
2) NCS help (as well as QSP/QNP <relay> help)

    Please join us:

Sunday 2300z (Sunday 4 PM PDT) 14050 kHz
Monday 0200z (Sunday 7 PM PDT)  7045 kHz

    73,
       Kevin.  KD5ONS

ecn.visionseer.com

P.S. I will call East first so, as the band changes, I'll eek out the most contacts. Please still your paddles while I call further away from Oregon, it truly helps.
   KJR