JT and all,

Pins 2 and 3 are not swapped on the K2 either. The problem is that the K2 used the nomenclature differently than the K3. The K2 used 'TXD' to denote the line *it* was sending on and 'RXD' to denote the line it was receiving on. The K3 apparently uses the opposite nomenclature and labels *its* data *output* line 'RXD (that is correct for a DCE device). Pin 2 is the data from the DTE (K2 or K3) to the DCE (PC) and is normally termed RXD. Pin 3 is data from the DCE (PC) to the terminal device (DTE) and is normally labeled TXD.

This has been a source of confusion when working with DCE devices for as long as I can recall.

So *if* only RXD and TXD with Signal Ground are needed for the application, yes, the K2 cable (computer end, not KAT100 or XV end) will work just fine, but why not pick up a standard serial cable and take advantage of the PTT/Keying circuits built into the K2 - that will work with no external keying devices.

73,
Don W3FPR