I had a typo in the last part of my previous note. That should have been *K3*.
Do *not* use a standard serial cable with the K2!

Sorry,
Don W3FPR

Don Wilhelm wrote:

So *if* only RXD and TXD with Signal Ground are needed for the application, yes, the K2 cable (computer end, not KAT100 or XV end) will work just fine, but why not pick up a standard serial cable and take advantage of the PTT/Keying circuits built into the *K2* - that will work with no external keying devices.