hi Chuck,

On 12 Nov 2007 at 17:05, Chuck Gehring wrote:

> I believe that the modification that Bill is referring to is found on
> the following web pages http://www.kk7p.com/k2kpa100.html#KAT100 And
> not in the Elecraft manuals

I think you are referring to the part where he shows a circuit if you don't
have
the KIO2 installed. There he says:

The inductors can be any small 15 uH nominal part, such as DigiKey M7827.
These are rated at 150 mA. The KAT100 only uses this for a very low
current, so it should be suitable for all three inductors. The KPA100 may
draw more current than this, so if you plan on using this cable for anything
other than a KAT100, you may want to consider a higher current rating on
inductor L1. I suggest at least 250 mA. You may wind such an inductor using
the directions given above.

Any comment on this from others who have the same setting with the
KPA100 in the EC2 enclosure? Do I really have to modify my KIO2?

Werner oe9fwv

--
When someone asks 'A penny for your thoughts' and you put
in your two cents, what happens to the other penny?

PGP-Key: <http://www.qsl.net/oe9fwv/furlan.asc>
Fone +43 5522 75013
Fax +43 820 555 85 2621
Mobile      +43 664 6340014