-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Bob Nielsen
Sent: Saturday, November 17, 2007 1:38 PM
To: Elecraft Support List
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] [K2] KBT2 Battery charger/power supply
recommendation?

I looked around and couldn't find any small 14.0 volt switchers (I
did find a reference to one but it apparently has been
discontinued).  I use a MFJ-4103 with my K2, but it doesn't put out
quite enough voltage to charge the battery.  It uses a standard
desktop computer power cord and works fine with 240v input. I use a
small linear supply in the shack and have adjusted the output
accordingly.  There are some 15 volt switchers for laptops available
and maybe a series diode or two would do the trick, depending on the
actual output voltage.  Most of these are sealed assemblies and not
easy to modify internally.

Bob, N7XY