I took a slightly different approach. I set two of the filters for acceptable
passband ripple and attenuation and let the bandwidth fall where it may. I
did this for CW, but a similar approach would work for data.

Since the actual bandwidth and the indicated bandwidth of the variable filter
can differ quite a bit, I did not see the point of picking an arbitrary value
for the bandwidth. Rather I set the widest filter where the ripple started to
look fairly flat and the narrowest filter where filter loss became more
noticeable.

My filters are centred on 589 Hz which is the pitch of the sidetone when set
to 580 Hz. My sidetone circuit has been modified considerably, and that may
account for the 9 Hz difference between the setting and the measured result.

An audio spectrum analyzer and wideband noise source are required to see the
passband of the filters.

So here's the result:
XFIL 1 - OP1
XFIL 2 - Widest bandwidth where ripple begins to look acceptable. This is
subjective as to what you are willing to tolerate with respect to ripple. My
filter ended up at 970 Hz bandwidth indicated and 512 Hz measured at the -6
dB points
XFIL 3 - Set about half way between XFIL 2 and XFIL 4. Nice smooth passband
and no attenuation. Indicated bandwidth was 600 Hz, with actual -6 dB
bandwidth of 307 Hz.
XFIL 4 - Set at the point where the attenuation began to be quite noticeable.
Indicated bandwidth of 200 Hz and actual measured bandwidth of 178 Hz.

Of course there will be a bit of variation in the actual bandwidth vs the
indicated bandwidth between individual K2s due to component tolerances and
construction differences.

73,
Darrell
VA7TO   K2 #5093