Actually Russian Antarctic stations us a R1 prefix, as do Franz Josef Land and Malyj Vysotskij. I think some contest stations in Russia itself also use the R without a second alpha character.

I doubt that anyone would mistake a /M mobile station as being in the UK or a /B beacon in China.

The normal convention for operation in another country has that country's prefix preceding rather than following the station's call sign, although that isn't followed 100 percent.

73, Bob N7XY