Great news about HRD support for the K3

My first macro is a "tuner" command to replace the unfortunate "tune" behavior
of the K3. Unlike the K2, which drops power to about 20 watts, the K3 will use
whatever power you are set to. This isn't good for the tuner or the K3.  I have
already caused my K3 to instantly thermal trip by forgetting to turn power down
to tune and then back up.

here is a short CAT command that I attached to a button I labeled "tuner"
PC020;
SWH16;
@ 1000;
SWH16;

You still need to remember to turn the power back up, but it will be gentle to
your gear.

If anyone knows a more elegant solution I would like to hear it.

   Bob
     KD8CGH