Mike,

To transmit FM you will need the FM filter in the main receiver (it will also be used for transmit). I would suggest that you re-examine your filters in the main receiver. If you will not operate digital modes, you can likely do without the 200 Hz filter. If the 200 Hz filter must stay, then I would suggest you eliminate the 1000 Hz filter unless you are a CW contest type that likes to listen with a wide receiver - during normal operating, your 1.8 kHz filter in conjunction with the DSP filtering should work just fine. OTOH, if you do not operate a lot of sideband contests, the 1.8 kHz filte could go and the 1000 Hz can stay.

These are only my suggestions, choose your filters to match your operating preferences. The DSP will handle reduced bandwidths just fine until an offending S-9 +30 signal appears within the roofing filter bandpass. That will likely only occur during contests or other times of intense operating activities. With the 2nd receiver, one could always put the in-between filter widths there and switch to receiving with the 2nd receiver when the additional filtering is needed. In other words, the FM filter, the 2.7kHz, the 1000 Hz, 400 Hz and 200 Hz in the main receiver and 2.7kHz, 1.8 kHz, 1000, and either 400 or 200 in the 2nd receiver - or something like those combinations, it is all up to you.

73,
Don W3FPR

Mike Fatchett W0MU wrote:
I had the impression the 2nd receiver had no filters at all.

I had intended to put in a 2.7k 1000 and 400 filters in the 2nd receiver.

I also wanted to be able to operate FM and was going to put the FM filter in
the 2nd receiver.  Will this work?

The main receiver was going to have the 200, 400, 1000, 1.8 and 2.7 filters.