From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2007 11:55 AM
To: David Yarnes; Elecraft Reflector
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 Mystery Problem

I had this problem with #23, when I initially powered it on you
couldn't power it off with the power switch. The cause turned\out to be
that I had turned the sub receiver AF and RF gain controls full
clockwise and through some quirk in the firmware, since there was
no SUB receiver, the power off function was inhibited. The solution
was to turn those controls full CCW. Wayne was the one who spent
a lot of time with me solving the problem.

So you might want to check that, I haven't tested to see if the problem
recurs in mine if I move the controls off CCW.

Ah, brings me back to my software/firmware development days.
There are NO bugs, only "features"

Doug
W6JD