I quite agree. even the vaunted yaesu ft817 with a few jumper modifications can be made for general coverage tx.
shaun.

On 20/12/2007 4:49 PM, the old scribe known as David Pratt was able to impart this pearl of wisdom:
In a recent message Goody K3NG <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
I'm not in favor of breaking the law, but I think the chances of running into the FCC today are slim to none. If you don't identify with your ham callsign while using a ham rig on FRS or CB frequencies, it's unlikely anyone, even the FCC will know a difference, or even care.

It is the tendency these days for radio amateurs of all nations to self-regulate. So let us do just that and use equipment which is legal. A CB transceiver can be bought for just a few $, so let's act responsibly and keep the hobbies separate without complicating the issue any further. It is fortunate that the CB bands can be disabled in K3 firmware.

73 de David G4DMP

http://www.eset.com